cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX870 error message: UO43 ink not recognized

cmgeorgia
Apprentice

I have a pixma mx870 all-in-one printer.  I just replaced my ink cartridges using new genuine canon ink cartridges.  I am receiving an lcd error message: UO43 ink cartridge could not be recognized.  I tried unplugging the printer for 10 minutes.  Any suggestions?

13 REPLIES 13

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

bcarlson
Apprentice

Canon error messages driving me insane. Big black ink ran out so I replaced the cartridge, then printer says it cannot recognize Magenta, so I replaced that, then cannot recognize Cyan .... replaced that one 3 times. It worked great until ink ran low on Black ... now serves as a doorstop.  Printhead was working great until black ink ran low, now nothing works. How to fix this?

mbeck1190
Apprentice

I am having the same issue replaced cartridge with a genuine canon cartridge getting the same error. The cartridge I am getting the error on is the gray cartridge. The order of the cartridges left to right are: M226, BK226, GY226, PGBK225,C226, Y226.

mbeck1190
Apprentice

I have tried replacing the cartridge and it did not resolve the issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements