cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer error Message (Mac OS 14.10,6 Mojave)

canonsky
Enthusiast

Hi.  Tried to print but received error message "Filter" failed.   Canon no longer supports this printer (iP6700D) but it's been working until today via USB cable and the drivers that come with the MAC software.  Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this.  I hate to toss this printer, which I use for documents, not pictures.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Stolen from the web, but seems to work in many cases. 

If the problem happens in only one application (like Acrobat) for example, but not others, ensure you are running the latest version available 

To resolve this issue, try the following steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.
  2. Control + Click in the left side printer list (or optionally, right-click on a specific printer if one is shown) and select "Reset Print System".
  3. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers should be empty.
  4. You can re-add your Canon Printer and/or any other printers that you may have by selecting the "+" add button. 
  5. Restart your MAC.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for this. I think i'll remove only that one printer and then reinstall it. I have a pro printer than connects wirelessly and I don't want to have to reset that one again.

A follow up -- removing just the non-working printer and then restoring it did not fix the problem. My solution was to by a $40 Canon printer that I will only use for printing documents, not photos. I am hoping this will work with the newest Mac OS. If not, there is a two week return window.
Announcements