cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iX6520 Skips Lines

jbfrommv
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA iX6520 printer. I was cleaning the bottom plate when the paper jammed. After removing the paper, the printer stopped printing a line every 1 and 1/2 inches. I thought the print head might have been damaged during the paper removal process and replaced it. That did not solve the problem. The problem occurs when printing in the standard mode, but not when printing pictures. The computers that use this printer are running Windows 7 and Windows 10.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Perform a print head alighnment.

Also look at and clean the Encoder (Timing) Strip.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART171023

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Performed the printer head alignment, and cleaned the encoder strip.  Did not solve the problem.  The problem occurred after attempting to clean the bottom plate.  The paper jammed and I suspect that a piece of the paper still in the printer is causing the problem.  The skipped printing occurs at regular intervals in the lines of print.

flj0303
Apprentice

I have this same problem on a Pixma TS 8220 printer. I've tried everything, cleaning encoder strip, print head alignment, etc. Nothing worked. Did you ever solve this problem.? I gave up and bought a new Epson printer out of disgust, but still have the other one and would love to "rehabilitate" it if possible.  

Would love to know if you found the fix..

Announcements