cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print in Black Only ip72000

dmak1000
Apprentice

Hi

I print a test page and it prints the black text fine. I don't use the colour often, if at all. Why do I need to purchase ink to print in black only? How do I disable colour printing and remove the warning?

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dmak1000,

The use of each ink varies depending on the color of image to be printed or the contents of document. Two kinds of black ink (PGBK and BK) are used automatically depending on the media type to print or on the settings of the printer driver. PGBK is used mainly for printing text-based documents and BK is used mainly for printing photos, illustration, etc. Black-and-white printing may also use ink other than black ink. So, color ink is consumed even when printing in black-and-white.

To use only the PGBK ink tank, the original text must be black and the paper setting must be set to Plain Paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dmak1000
Apprentice
Hi Patrick,
I understand that, but the printer gives a warning and blocks me from printing anything when the colour inks are empty - even a black and white text only document. How can I disable that?
Announcements