cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print head alignment chart

brassman
Enthusiast

I have the print head alignment chart printed out, so how do I read it? PIXMA ip8720

There are 7 columns with retangular blocks of either blue or black shades. In the 6 &7 columns the 4th blocks from the bottom are missing.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you may have a head problem.

2017-10-09.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

This is the print-out of the print head alignment where a couple of the blocks are missing that I mentioned above.  Any opinion as to what is going on here? Please refer to my original post.

ip8720 print head align.jpg

Following message to CANON SUPPORT but that site would not allow me to "SUBMIT" so am posting here in the hope someone from support will see and respond.

Horizontal banding lines on 13x19 and 8.5x11, most noticeable in black of b&w prints.
Canon Premium Matte paper and 3rd party pigment inks from 4inkjets.
Printer settings in PSE 15 are; grayscale, plain paper,high quality,printer managed color.
No problem in nozzel print-outs - no white lines.
Print head alignment sheet shows 7 columns of 18 blocks ea. of blue and black shades - 10 blue and 8 black running consecutively from top to bottom. On the 6th and 7th columns, the black blocks 4 spaces up from the bottom are missing.
Printer is primarily using the PGI 250XL Black cartridge pigment ink that I understand is used mostly for black text when the setting is at "plain paper ". The prints are absolutely free of ANY color casts (green,magenta,cyan) that I get at the supposed "correct" setting for this paper which would be "matte". The prints are rather harsh and contrasty which I like for the subject matter (street documentary) that I an presently printing.
The printer was purchased from B&H 6/26/17 Serial #ADGF23872.
Have done several nozzel checks/cleanings and a few print head alignments both automatic and manual.
I don't really know how to interpret the head alignment print-out described above. But I'm wondering if the two missing blocks of black could result in the banding problem.

I would insert a jpeg of the print-out but there's no way to do that here.

Thanks, Russ Marshall

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements