cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor print - dull colours

Piers
Apprentice

Hi, about 3 months ago the photo prints from my Canon MP640 started to became dull (really dull). I'm not sure if co-incided with a new PC or my wife experimenting with the colour settings (she can't remember what she tweaked). Anyway despite doing all the usual stuf (checking the nozzels arn't blocked, using Canon inks, correct media, checking all the settings, etc.) the colour is still very poor. I even replaced the printer with a new Canon MG5350 model last weekend and it is still poor. My father has the MP620 and his colours are great (I have copies of the same image, one printed on his MP620 showing great colour and one printed on my MG5303 which is very dull.)

The fact that changing the printer didn't help would point towards something else? I use Photoshop elements 7, my dad uses a basic Canon photo software package (can't remember which one). I've checked all the settings on both systems and they appear to be the same. Do you have any advice to help get the colour back as I've spent about 10 hours and a new printer on this already and am starting to go slightly mad. Many thanks in advance.Robot Frustrated

2 REPLIES 2

SheepNoMore
Apprentice

Well? What's the answer. I have a very similar problem; different platform and software, but the output is awful: washed out and offset towards blue. How do I get the printout to match the color on the screen, Please? 

Hi, SheepNoMore!

Which printer model are you using? Also, which version of Windows or Mac is in use, and which software program are you printing from?

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! If this is a time-sensitive matter, of if you are looking to get support from Canon, please reach out to our US-based technical support team via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements