cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ix6820 printing very dark (Mac OS 10.14)

steagl3
Apprentice

I did some test prints today with my new ix6820 and cannot get the color to match what I'm seeing on my screen. Some info on my setup:

Computer: MacBook Pro 15" 2017

Photo software: Photoshop CC 2019

Printer driver: latest as of 1/5/19 (installed via 'Canon IJ network', not Bonjour/Airprint)

Paper: Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster

My photo example is a sunset photo with lots of orange hues, but they're basically invisible in any prints, crushed out in dark grays and blacks. I have tried doing color management in Photoshop, Canon, and with Apple's ColorSync. Photoshop management produced the darkest results. I couldn't tell the difference between Canon and ColorSync. In every scenario, I selected the appropriate ICC profile for my Canon photo paper in Apple's print dialog. 

As a last resort I installed the Canon Image Garden software that is available for download for this printer. I selected High print quality, selected my Luster paper, and verified that everything in Apple's Print Dialog window reflected the settings I selected in Image Garden. The good news is that it captured way more of the orange and is a brighter print overall than when I printed the same photo from Photoshop + print dialog, but it's still not that close to what I'm seeing in Photoshop. 

Anyone else have this issue with dark prints from macOS + Photoshop? 

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi steagl3,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

Announcements