cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ix6820 only printing half page? Help please I just bought this

mrsarcona
Apprentice

I just bought a cannon pixma ix6820 from amazon and set it up. Install was a breeze compared to the HP I had BUT my first and 2nd photo I tried to print would ONLY print a HALF page. I was printing from photoshop elements but had changed all my settings to the right ones on it and the little cannon toolbar. I am on windows 8 or 8.1 if that helps and am set up for wireless since there is no way to have my computer or printer directly hooked to the router all the time. Can someone please help me with this? 

error2.jpg

error.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

tom122756
Apprentice

I had the same problem. My Canon Pixma IX6820 would only print half the page. I print from Pohotoshop CC. My printer is hardwired into my PC and the wi fi is on. I shut off the wi fi and that solved the problem. I also had the wifi next to the printer. If you are using wifi get some distance between your wi fi router and printer.  Try going direct to your PC and shut off the wifi. I hope this helps.

Hello.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to see if this will help with your issues.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I also have the same issue when printing from Photoshop CC on Mac v10.13. An inch or so of the image prints out, paper gets kicked out and the printer attempts to print on another sheet. I downloaded the latest driver and disabled the WiFi as it is impossible to get the Pixma to connect via WiFi. I experimented with different file formats and the Canon doesn't like TIF, PSD or PDF from within Photoshop. Only file format that seemed to work so far is JPEG and the print tends to hang up in the printer at times while processing the data.  

I suspect that Photoshop CC keeps updating but Canon doesn't really keep up the same pace on their drivers. This is my second IX6820 and it does make great quality prints. My old one lasted for 5 years but I just got the new one as it was printing partial images. Thinking it was mechanical problem, I got the new one.  New one having the same so issue it must be compatilbity with Photoshop files. 

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Announcements