cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ip8720 PGBK will not print

david_w
Apprentice

I have read numerous articles of the same issue - PGBK won't print on my PIXMA ip8720.  As with most commentors, cartridge was replaced, printer heads taken out and cleaned, drivers reinstalled, but still the same issue.  All other colors are fine.  Is there anyone that can provide an answer to this issue, CANON reps apparently cannot.  I would hate to throw this printer out and go to another brand over what probably is a simplistic fix. 

2 REPLIES 2

nielsenec
Apprentice

I wish....people talk about repairing a purge pump.  I have gone through 4 different cartridges and 2 replacement print heads after cleaning the original about 5 times....still no test pattern for the PGBK.... I would hate to go to another brand...not sure I could justify buying a new one to replace this 2 year old unit...Dissapointed.

tacoslammer
Apprentice

@david_w wrote:

I have read numerous articles of the same issue - PGBK won't print on my PIXMA ip8720.  As with most commentors, cartridge was replaced, printer heads taken out and cleaned, drivers reinstalled, but still the same issue.  All other colors are fine.  Is there anyone that can provide an answer to this issue, CANON reps apparently cannot.  I would hate to throw this printer out and go to another brand over what probably is a simplistic fix. 

Replace the print head.   I had a PIXMA MG8120 since it came out in 2011.   Very good printer until head problems began.   Cleaned print head several times with little help.   Bought new print head - wa-la, its working.   Began having print errors, cleaned hea, works, more errors, clean head, works- sort of.   Bought new printer TS8220.   We'll see if it lasts 8 plus years.  The TS8220 will do as much as the MG8120 and more with same or better qualite print.   Cost found below $100.00 on line and at Canon store.   The print head for the 8120 was ~ $50.00.   Buying more than one print head NOT justified.

RE:  Tose conerned about planned obsolessence, condiser other electronics.   A TV can be purchased new for much less than the cost of repairing it.   Technology changes so fast its not worth the cost of repair vs. getting new with many new features and better (generally) quality.

Announcements