cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma ip8500 inner cover door open error

cwoiii
Apprentice

My Pixma ip8500 printer was accidentally knocked off low shelf and cover popped open. I popped it back in place and now get an error stating the inner door is open when it's not. Can anyone help me please?

6 REPLIES 6

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello cwoiii.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Look for a protruding plastic on the top that goes into an indentation. Mine was in the front left side. Put a piece of cardboard into the indentation.and close the door. The top plastic piece is not pushing the door close sensor down and because its too short and the cardboard allows the sensor to be reached and pushed.

I tried the fix of unplugging and clearing any paper, of which there is none, but I still have the Door Open message which stops my printer from working.

Remove the printer and reinstall it from Settings/Devices(Windows). It took me less than 3 minutes and it worked (after trying the unplug, wait and replug power which does not fix this issue).

Mrsmimiwhite
Apprentice
Can you show me a picture of where to put cardboard PLEASE

therd3
Apprentice
Here you go. Hope they allow links!

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AtVRm6ud3EXzh12FSf-ezKw0wI37
Announcements