cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iX6820 issues printing PDF's

wfaustlin
Apprentice

After two years with this printer and no problems a couple of weeks ago I started having trouble printing 11 x 17 pdf's. It will not print certin pdf's that are multiple pages and it will not print anything if I change the print scale to 50% (printing Arch on 11 x 17) I have updated the drives for the printer and also tried reinstalling acrobat. I have even installed a legacy acrobat to no avail. Does anyone know a fix for this, again I had no problems for 2 years and now I am having issues as of a couple of weeks ago.

this is the error that shows up when I try to print.

2019-07-10_1115.png

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Does this issue occur with any PDF file?  Or only certain files?

Also, try installing the latest CUPS printer driver and IJ Network Tool (if the printer is used on a network rather than USB) to see if this helps.  These downloads are available at the followingl ink:

PIXMA iX6820 Drivers & Software

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It happens on some but not all pdf's, it does not happen on any 8.5 x 11... 

I will try the drivers you suggest, I am running this (as I have since I bought it 2 yrs ago) wirelessly. In the past I have been able to print all files, this is a new thing...

Thank you

Announcements