cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iX6520

pixmacantprint
Apprentice

PIXMA iX6520  just out of the box.  Followed instructions but get a flashing orange light and message of paper jam.  This printer has never had the first piece of paper run through.. Is there some packing tape or something to remove?  The print holder never moved to the middle on it's own.

Am I doing something wrong or is this printer bum out of the box?

Thanks

Oly

3 REPLIES 3

pixmacantprint
Apprentice

So, am I to think that this has never happened to any other people.

Julius
Rising Star

Hi pixmacantprint,

There are a few areas there could be some orange protective packaging tape that is causing this error.  Please check the link below for step-by-step directions:

http://bit.ly/1cm70wp

If the issue persists, please let us know how many times the orange light flashes before it pauses.  Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply.  Too late though.  I just bought another on just like it.  This one I got the two year warranty though.

The print head holder never moved to the middle and the lights on the ink cartridges never came on.  I put the ink in the newer printer and it works fine.  I will keep the non working printer around a while but don't have time to waste trouble shooting it at the moment.

Announcements