cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iX 6820 has been no trouble now error B200 ,followed by error 1403

aflamingo
Contributor

Consistant use,, lovely, but unusable at the moment.  Will print two or three pages and then dies.

I hate the thought of calling canon, I'm sure the answer will be throw it away and buy a new one. 

any suggestions?  I'm not real tec hie.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi aflamingo,

There are two ways to find a local Canon Authorized Service Facility (ASF). You can call 1-800-OK-CANON. Pay close attention to the options given so it will direct you to the information that you need. You can also find this information online.

Please follow this link to access the online database of Authorized Service Facilities:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair/servicelocation

Enter your model number and zip code and local facilities will appear. If no facilities appear, that means there isn't a Canon Authorized Service Facility near you. You may choose a local third party service facility to fix the unit if you wish. Please know that you're not obligated to use an ASF of Canon.

Once you have found a local facility, please call the ASF first to make arrangements to take the unit in for repair for a fee. Please note that because your unit is not in warranty, you will be charged for any service that the ASF performs. Take the print head, ink tanks and power cable with you to the ASF. The ASF will need these items to perform proper troubleshooting. Unfortunately, we cannot provide an estimated time it will take for the unit to be fixed. The speed at which the unit is repaired is based entirely on the ASF and their current work load.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BillS
Mentor

Hi afalmingo,

Support code B200 indicates the failure of one or more internal components, and will require service to correct. Your options at this point will be to have the printer either repaired or replaced. To have it repaired, I can locate the nearest Authorized Service Facility to you, where you can have it fixed. If the printer is out of warranty, that repair would carry a cost, depending on the nature of the fault.

If you prefer to have your printer replaced, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price, and with free FedEx Ground shipping. If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight ET. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thanks  I live in Naples Fl.  It's out of warranty, and i'm guessing the cost to rpair will exceed the cost of getting a new one, but I'm willing to be surprisd.  Is there any repair place even close?

Hi aflamingo,

There are two ways to find a local Canon Authorized Service Facility (ASF). You can call 1-800-OK-CANON. Pay close attention to the options given so it will direct you to the information that you need. You can also find this information online.

Please follow this link to access the online database of Authorized Service Facilities:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair/servicelocation

Enter your model number and zip code and local facilities will appear. If no facilities appear, that means there isn't a Canon Authorized Service Facility near you. You may choose a local third party service facility to fix the unit if you wish. Please know that you're not obligated to use an ASF of Canon.

Once you have found a local facility, please call the ASF first to make arrangements to take the unit in for repair for a fee. Please note that because your unit is not in warranty, you will be charged for any service that the ASF performs. Take the print head, ink tanks and power cable with you to the ASF. The ASF will need these items to perform proper troubleshooting. Unfortunately, we cannot provide an estimated time it will take for the unit to be fixed. The speed at which the unit is repaired is based entirely on the ASF and their current work load.

Thanks. there are no authorized facilities in SW FL, nearest is 4 hours away in Orlando.  Guess I'll check that next time before buying a new printer.

I guess the question is, are these printers even repairable.  There isn't any one within 4 hours of here that's authorized and without anything to go on as to repairability, I may just have to take it to the recycling place and get a new one. ARRRRgh

My out of warranty 6820 had been throwing B200 and 1403 errors.  The advice was that it needed service, Because I can not be without a color printer, I bought a new one

Not seeing the point of $400 in service on a $136 machine,  I reloaded the print drivers and connected it to my PC via ethernet..  It took 4 tries on the reloading of the print driver to get the errors to stop.  I'm guessing even being on a surge supressor, the power flickers we get confused it.

So now I have two functional printers.

Hope this helps some one

Announcements