cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP90 startup problem

DH371
Contributor

When I press the power button the green light comes on, it briefly blinks once and then everything goes dead - there are no noises and no further lights come on and obviously no printing. Can anyone suggest how I deal witht his? Thanks, David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Darius, I have tried your suggestion and unfortunately it has not solved the problem. At switch, on the light blinks green once, then the printer goes dead until it has been switched off for a long time, when it will again blink once if switched on. I guess as you say its a question of a new printer. Thanks anyway, David

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Darius
Whiz

Hi DH371.

If the iP90 is not powering on correctly, try the following:

1. Unplug the printer and, if the battery pack is attached, remove it.

2. With the power removed, press and hold the ON button for ~ 5 seconds, then release it. Repeat this step five times.

3. Plug the printer in to a working outlet and power it back on.

If the printer still doesn't power on, then it will need to be replaced.  You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program, a one-time discount on the purchase of a replacement printer directly through Canon U.S.A., and comes with free ground shipping.  If you're interested, you may call one of our phone-based Canon Direct agents at (866) 443-8002.  Let the agent know you were offered the Canon Upgrade Program.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Darius, I have tried your suggestion and unfortunately it has not solved the problem. At switch, on the light blinks green once, then the printer goes dead until it has been switched off for a long time, when it will again blink once if switched on. I guess as you say its a question of a new printer. Thanks anyway, David

Berty9972
Apprentice
Hi I have the same problem with three of them showly it cant be the same problemwwith all of them.

Hi Berty, I never did get a solution to this problem. A shame as it was a very convenient, portable printer, and I have  

a  stock of unused ink cartrudges ! Cheers, David

Berty9972
Apprentice
Hi I just purchased a second hand one which was working fine then when I got it the same problem as the other two.
Announcements