cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP8720 - Print Banding

dolphinwinter
Apprentice

Hello! I'm experiencing banding on my color prints! 

I've seen this issue across Glossy, Matte, and Regular paper. 

Upon the printing tests across all the paper types^, I'm seeing banding most prominent in black, orange, and darker colors. Blue and light colors seem not to reveal banding.

The banding itself shows clear lines that distinguish each "rectangle" shape from each other, following the way the printer prints images (I hope that makes sense).

I have removed the print head to clean and have removed and readded all my ink cartrdiges. 

Could this be an issue with my print settings? I created a photo booklet using indesign (set color to CMYK), exported to PDF and then printed via "Preview" which is Mac's way of viewing PDF. I have a Macbook Pro Late 2013 model. 

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

dolphinwinter
Apprentice
A quick follow up: issue is similar to this thread (link below) with an image showing an example of what i am facing, but also with COLOR.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/Pimxa-iP8750-printing-banding-lines-on-print/td...

Hello.

A test of your PIXMA iP8720 should be performed.  The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.  Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1.  Turn the printer on and make sure paper is loaded into the sheet feeder.

2.  On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light blinks twice. When you release the button, the Nozzle Check pattern will be printed.

After the Nozzle Check pattern is printed, take a picture or scan of the print.  Then include it as an attachment to your forum response.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael,

I did as told and have attached the images. 

It looks like everything is okay except for a EVERY SO SLIGHT misalignment on BK. 

What can I do from here?

IMG_3848.JPG

IMG_3849.jpg

Hi dolphinwinter,

Thanks for that image.  I agree that that small variation probably isn't causing the banding.  Many print quality issue can be resolved by cleaning the encoder (timing) strip, and I have included full instructions for doing so HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

firarottico
Apprentice

@dolphinwinter wrote:

Hello! I'm experiencing banding on my color prints! 

I've seen this issue across Glossy, Matte, and Regular paper. 

Upon the printing tests across all the paper types^, I'm seeing banding most prominent in black, orange, and darker colors. Blue and light colors seem not to reveal banding.

The banding itself shows clear lines that distinguish each "rectangle" shape from each other, following the way the printer prints images (I hope that makes sense).

I have removed the print head to FetLife clean and have removed and readded all my ink cartrdiges. 

Could this be an issue with my print settings? IMVU I created a photo booklet using indesign (set color to CMYK), exported to PDF and then printed via "Preview" which is Mac's way of viewing PDF. Canva I have a Macbook Pro Late 2013 model. 

Please help!

A snappy development: issue is like this string (connect underneath) with a picture demonstrating a case of what I am confronting, yet additionally with COLOR.

Announcements