cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP8720 Firmware Update

burninmedia
Contributor

I have an iP8720 printer on firmware 1.080 and it says version 2.00 is available. But when I try to update the firmware the printer restart and the website shows unable to load the firmware check manual. Well, the manual says nothing about firmware updates. Does anyone know how I can manually update the firmware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi burninmedia,

The firmware update of the PIXMA iP8720 is not available on the web site as a download, as it is performed using the printer's remote user interface.

Your PIXMA iP8720 must be connected to your network.  Once connected, print the network configuration page to determine the printer's IP address.  To print this page, please load plain paper in the printer and press and hold the RESUME / CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes white 6 times, then let it go.

On the page that printed, please take note of the IPv4 IP Address.

On your computer, please open a web browser and enter the printer's IPv4 IP Address in the address bar to access the iP8720's remote user interface.

Once that page loads, click on Firmware Update in the menu on the left side to perform the update.

Confirm the update message by clicking Yes and the update will be performed.

I performed this update today, so I know that the update is available and working correctly.

Please note, once the update is complete, the IPv3 IP address of the printer may change.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

What operating system are you using?

Is it the Canon support site that says a FW update is available?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have the same issue.  I'm running Mac OS 10.15.  The webpage for the ip8720 states there is firmware 2.0 (I have 1.02) but when I try to update, it fails.  When I go to the Canon driver website and check firmware, it shows no firmware for any OS that I input.  Any ideas?

Specifically, the remote UI interface states 2.0 is on the server but it won't download/install.

OP here has the same issue as above. I have all 3 OSes to choose from and tried the cannon full software install on both OS X and Windows and both have zero options for the firmware. The only place I see an update is in the web GUI. 

intolight
Apprentice

Hi Folks, where do you go to check the firmware? Windows.  Thanks!

gregory

Printer utility, "show webpage"

thank you!

But how do you update this?

That's the problem - you can't! When selecting "update firmware" option, it fails every time.
Announcements