cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP8700 Prints CD Labels Huge

durandstation
Apprentice

Hey there,

I'm trying to print onto some DVDs with a Pixma iP8700 using My Image Garden on Mac High Sierra. I have it directly plugged into a 2015 Macbook Pro with USB.

No matter what I do in the settings, it always prints out the label so huge that only 25% of it makes it onto the disc. This ends up spilling ink all over the tray as well.

Is there a setting I'm missing? I tell it to print on Tray L under Paper Size and Quality and Media and tell it to scale down for L under Paper Handling, but it ignores all of that and prints everything humongous.

What am I missing? Do I need to go plug this thing into a Windows machine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BillS
Mentor

Hi durandstation,

This model includes a J tray, rather than an L tray, and L-sized paper is somewhat larger than the printable disk area.  Do you get the same effect when printing from a different program, such as Easy-PhotoPrint?

I look forward to your reply.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi durandstation,

This model includes a J tray, rather than an L tray, and L-sized paper is somewhat larger than the printable disk area.  Do you get the same effect when printing from a different program, such as Easy-PhotoPrint?

I look forward to your reply.

I will try Easy-Photo Print when I get back into the office tomorrow. The disk tray itself says "L" right on it, which I initially assumed to be an identifier for "This feeds into the left side of your printer."

The driver software seems to have only loaded L sized templates as well. I'll check and get back with you tomorrow!

My model is actually a Pixma iP8720. It's the wide format printer.

Update: Easy-Photo Print has solved my problem. Not sure why My Image Garden was acting so strange but I am now able to print as intended.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Announcements