cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP7220 lights flashing

Oldyellr
Enthusiast

I've had this printer about a year and a half and it's worked well. About a week ago the door malfunctioned, but I can get around that. See https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/iP-7200-printer-door-malfunction/m-p/280399#M17...

Then today it wouldn't print anymore and the power and orange alarm lights flash alternately. I followed the manual but could not clear it. All it tells me is "If the problem is not resolved, contact the service center". Does anyone here have a solution?

1 REPLY 1

Oldyellr
Enthusiast

At this point it looks 22 people have seen this post, but no response.

What happens it that the power and orange light alternate 21 times, then pause, then 21 times again, etc. Troubleshooting from the manual, none of the remedies work, leaving only the option of callling support, which I just did. Long story short, it's probably a failed print head. I'm sure it can be replaced, but at what cost? I bought this printer off Amazon about 1-1/2 years ago $80 CAD. It's not made anymore and I can only find one for $300, so forget that. It has been a great printer, especially forprinting CD and DVD lables, which few printers will do now without a lot of trial-and-error and fiddling. I always used aftermarket ink cartridges at about $21 for 3 sets because a set of Canon ones cost as much as the printer, and never had a problem. Maybe this contributed to the print head's demise, maybe not. Anyway, I think I got my money's worth. I'm replacing it with a simple $50 PIXMA MG3620 from Walmart.

Announcements