cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP7200 printer : cannot be detected by the conected computer

qqq888
Apprentice

Pixma iP7200 printer "Yellow light" is on when power cable is plugged in. If I press the power button, the "white light" is on, but the "Yellow light" is still on. At this point, if I press the "white light" button, it won't turn off.

The Pixma iP7200 printer cannot be detected by the conected computer.

Please help.

QQQ

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know about any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you, Stephen for the quick response.

There is no error message on the printer. The error message on the Windows XP computer is just "cannot detect the printer". I felt that the printer is disfunctional as the white light (power button) will not function at all if I want to shut it down. The yellow light is always on. The WIFI light (green) is off all the time. 

The connection is through USB. 

In the past, when the printer worked fine, the printer should have all lights off when the cable is plugged in. If the power button is pressed, the white light will flash a few times and the becomes stable, and the WIFI green light will be on. I rarely saw the yellow light on in the past.  

Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot.

QQQ

Announcements