cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX432 Scanning Using Ink

cwalker22
Contributor

I've started doing a lot of scanning lately and notice that my ink cartridges are emptying faster.  Why would scanning use ink?  Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hello cwalker22,

The scanning process does not use inks, so it wouldn't be causing the ink cartridges to empty faster. 

To conserve the amount of ink being used by the printer, you will want to ensure that the paper type selected in the printer driver is PLAIN PAPER unless you are printing photos, labels or envelopes, and that the print quality is set to either FAST or STANDARD.  If you print more black and white documents than color documents, selecting the BLACK ONLY option in the printer driver will allow you to print using only the black ink cartridge and conserve the color ink.

I hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue?  Find more help at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Danny

Thanks for being active in our community! We're happy to share that it's possible to scan with an empty ink tank or cartridge. To start scanning, follow the instructions at this link.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements