cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MG 5420 cloud printing error message on LCD trying to setup. Says it is unable to connect to

semperfi_guy
Apprentice

Pixma MG 5420 cloud printing error message on LCD trying to setup.  Says it is unable to connect to internet but the web light is lit and it is connected to my wif network.  What am I doing wrong. All my computers are Win 7 and are connected through wifi to printer.

6 REPLIES 6

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi semperfi_guy,

To further troubleshoot the issue, please try unplugging the router from the power and plugging it back in and let us know if this resolves the issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tried that with no luck!

Hi semperfi_guy,

I would like to make sure that Google Cloud has been properly registered with the printer.  Use the following steps to register the printer with the Google Cloud service:

1. Print the authentication URL.

(1) Confirm that the printer is turned on.
(2) Select [Web service], and press the OK button.

(3) Select [Web service setup], and press the OK button.

(4) Select [Cloud settings] using the up or down cursor button, and press the OK button.

(5) Select [Google Cloud Print setup], and press the OK button.

(6) Select [Register with Google Cloud Print] using the up or down cursor button, and press the OK button.

(7) At the message below, select [Yes] using the up or down cursor button, and press the OK button.

(8) At the "Language for Print settings" screen, select the language and press the OK button.

(9) At the message that the printer will print the authentication URL, set A4 plain paper in the cassette, and press the OK button.

The authentication URL is printed.
REFERENCE
This printout is used later in the registration process.

(10) After the authentication URL is printed, select [Yes] at the message using the up or down cursor button, and press the OK button.

(11) Make sure that the message indicating that the authentication process is being done is displayed.

Proceed to Step 2.
IMPORTANT
Registration (authentication) must be completed in 14 minutes.
Proceed to the next step promptly.
CAUTION
If an error message is displayed indicating that the registration (authentication) failed, start from Step 1 to print the URL again.

2. Using the printed URL, register the printer to Google Cloud Print.
(1) From the PC, smartphone, or other types of PDA, enter the URL in the Web browser.

REFERENCE
With a device having the bar code reader functionality such as a smartphone, the URL can be entered by reading the bar code instead of entering it from the keyboard.

(2) At the following screen, enter your account information (Gmail address and password), and tap [Sign in].

(3) At the "Printer Confirmation" screen, tap [Finish printer registration].

(4) After a while, the message is displayed on the printer LCD, indicating that the registration is completed. Press the OK button.
CAUTION
The printer name displayed is used to print in Google Cloud Print.

CAUTION
If an error message is displayed to indicate that the registration failed, press the OK button, and start from Step 1 again.

The printer is properly registered to Google Cloud Print.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Kari1, thanks for your help so far.

I have tried to these steps but when I get to authenicate to Google cloud the printer cannot get to the internet.  I thought when it was connected to my network it would be to the internet as well.

Since I haven't gotten any more help from this forum I asked for help from Verizon my IP. The printed doesn't seem to be getting through the router to get to the internet. Just my guess.

hi semperfi_guy,

To further troubleshoot this issue, I recommend using the Contact Us link to get in touch with our support staff.  They will be able to resolve this issue in a timely manner and the real time back and forth between you and the agent I feel would be beneficial in this case.

Announcements