cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP4920 print head holder will not return to the position for replacing ink

haptrail
Apprentice

Canon tech support won't answer questions about this printer anymore.  The power lamp (green) and alarm lamp (orange) both flash alternating and continuously.  When I open the cover, the print head holder will not move into place where you can replace the ink cartridges.  I've tried the Canon solution (unplug from power and computer) for 5 minutes (I did 30 minutes) but no change.  Any ideas out there?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi haptrail,

I would try unplugging the printer and then see if you can pull the ink carriage back to the middle. If you are able to pull it back to the middle, take the ink out and then put them back in and make sure they click in place. Once that is done, press the power button on the printer 5 times and then plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If this does not resolve the issue, the printer will need to replaced since it was retired and replacement parts are no longer available.

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Thanks, I appreciate the instruction, but it didn't work.  What I liked about this old printer is you could get very cheap compatible ink cartridges - can't find the same for any of the current printers under $100.

Announcements