cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP4700

Pattycake
Apprentice

I have a Pixma IP4700 printer that has just malfunctioned.  I keep getting an error message that the print head is not installed or not installed properly.  The first time I got the message the print head was installed and I removed it and re-installed it.  I have deleted the printer and re-installed it and downloaded new drivers.  Nothing is working.  Is it time to get a new one?  Also tried unplugging the printer for 10 minutes.  It flashes yellow 5 times.  Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

About all you can do it attempt to remove and re-install the printhead to see if you can get it out of the error condition. 

Given the printers age, its hard for me to recommend replacing the printhead to see if that resolves the problem.  I've owned my printer for 7 yrs and it works as good today as it did when I bought it.  Its not a Canon however.  If something on it failed, I'd probably buy a new one.  

I believe Canon offers discounts for people who want to upgrade their old tech.  May want to contact customer service to inquire.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick. Considering buying a new one.
Announcements