cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP4000 magenta prints ok during nozzle check but not for printing pages

runbei
Contributor

I installed a brand-new Canon OEM printhead in the IP4000. I can now do a cleaning, then print a nozzle check where all of the colors and both B&W cartridges print well, except for the bottom half of the magenta stripe.

After numerous cleanings, deep cleanings, printer alignment, switching magenta cartridges (including a new one), the behavior remains the same - only the top half of the magenta strip prints on nozzle check.

If I try to print a page that includes color images immediately after a cleaning and nozzle check, the images print without magenta - they are entirely greenish-cyan.

If I then do a nozzle check print, there is NO magenta strip at all. If I clean the color nozzles several times, I again get the top half of the magenta strip on the nozzle check printout.

I have tried multiple cleanings, deep cleanings, head alignments, but nothing works to fix this error. Would be grateful for any help.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi runbei,

Because your PIXMA iP4000 does not print correctly after replacing the printhead, your PIXMA iP4000 may require service.  It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements