Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Pixma IP 4000 yellow streak

Using Windows 7, my photos are printing as if overexposed, with vertical lines  and a yellow streak down the right side of the paper.  This happens whether I print via Photoshop Elements or My Pictures. This happens on all images I try to print.  Changing resolution for printing does not affect the outcome.  Checked to make sure I was specifying correct photo paper.  Also wonder if Canon uses regional local authrized repair facilities.

Thanks

Roggy

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Pixma IP 4000 yellow streak

I had a iP4000 that printed a broad pink zig zag line on one side, I unplug the printer power cord and waiting a couple of minurtes and  was gone when I did a test print.

I wonder what paper thickness you are using, I found I had trouble when using anythin approaching 300gms, I even had trouble using 275gms.... I never did try Canon's recommended thickest media paper.

Out of curiosity have you tried a nozzle check and whats it like printing a photo on standard typing paper?  It 'could be'  the print head, they do only last a certain amount of time seeing each nozzel is a mini electric kettle..... each nozzle boils the ink hopefully bursting the bubble and splattering the right spot on the paper - thats why they call them Bubble Jets, Epson use peizo heads they vibrate like a crystal squirting the ink these are known as Ink Jets.

I would check on Canon website for a list of repair agents, you may be lucky, you may not .... but would the cost be worth it for the price of a new printer. The iP4000 was a mighty fine printer..... until Canon started to get skinny with their ink tanks.

Dave