cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma G1220 Not Printing Center

hualyssa
Apprentice

Hello All,

I recently purchased a Pixma G1220 and have been running into some issues when it comes to the margin/border width. It consistently prints with the bottom and left side border (the last end of paper feeding into the printer and left side) about a 1/8 to 1/4 inches larger than the rest, even when printing from Chrome or just from normal Windows Photos.

I've confirmed that the margins are set evenly in the computer when planning to print, that the paper is straight, have done the printer head realignment, updated my computer to the most recent version of Windows, and have also downloaded the most recent driver for my printer.

I print on 5x7 paper, which isn't a default paper size on this printer. (I think? Sometimes it shows but sometimes I need to select a custom paper setting I made, but the measurements are correct and should be centered regardless)

Now I'm not sure if it's an issue with my computer or if I should just return this printer since it's still very new. Does anyone have any fixes that I could try out?

EDIT: I tried printing on the same settings, paper, images, etc. but with my older printer, and the margins came out fine, so I think that it is a issue with the G1220, not my computer. Further thoughts?

Thank you to anyone who decides to pitch in their help.

1 REPLY 1

not_mee
Contributor

There is menu adjustments on the device for printing from tray and manual input. I think it does offset, it may havery been mistakenly adjusted at one time for the manual input tray.  I almost changed the setting on my own printer not knowing any better. Just have not used the feature to know what number works out side of default to 0.

Announcements