cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma 4200 not printing text

Skipper
Contributor

Hey everyone..I justed installed a new printhead and new black carteridges (Canon) in my printer. Everything prints out except the PGBK cartridge...nothing! All other cartridegs print out fine.  I wont let me even align the printhead saying nozzlees possibly clogged.  Its brand new?!  Any ideas?  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Skipper!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. We've made mutliple models that "4200" can apply to, so please let us know what letters immediately precede the numbers, such as MX, G, MP, etc. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi  my printer is a iP4200

Hi Skipper,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

Once that is done, please perform a nozzle cleaning just to try and get the ink flowing. Please click HERE for the steps.

If this does not resolve the issue, the printer will need to be replaced since it was retired in 2011 and repair service is no longer available.

You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sorry for the late reply....I did what you told me to do...resetting the printer...Nothing changed. The PGBK is non-existent when checking the nozzles. All other colors and the other black ink areperfect.  I thing the printhead is defective, hard to believe because it was brand new!  I have been back to using the old printhead which works fine..The reason I had switched printheads is because the old head seemed to seep black ink on bottom of head, so I was constantly cleaning nozzles once a day, depending on printer use.

Announcements