cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photoshop CMYK image does not match Cano ip8750 printed image

KevinUK
Apprentice

Hi,

I am hoping I can get some advice on how to solve an issue with print quality from a Canon iP8750 printer when trying to print hand painted artwork.

The artwork is scanned into a MacBook Pro and then worked upon in Adobe Photoshop (v 20.0.4 PS CC 2019). They are then saved as CMYK photoshop files. The images display perfectly on-screen. I am using Canon's own inks and Canon A4 Photo Paper 170gsm Matte and select the Canon M2 profile when printing the work. The resultant images unfortunaely do not match what is seen on screen. After repeated attempts the colours are too bright in comparison to the original image.

I am struggling to narrow down what the problem is. The workstream seems to be fine: CMYK image using Canon own-brand paper, ink and M2 profile would "just work". I have read around the issue and there is a lot of talk about calibration. I am not convinced I need to do this because the onscreen image is exactly as desired: the problem would seem to be at the printer end of the process.

I am a new comer to this technology so if anyone could offer advice, help or pointers to online resources that may help I would be very grateful.
Many thanks, Kevin

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

This might be your problem:

Screenshot 2020-11-15 113858.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks very much for this, John: I really appreciate it. I will take a further look at the Photoshop guide and take it from there. IF I have any success, I will post my findings. I am sure I am not the first person hit this problem.

Kevin

Announcements