Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 Colors Are Wrong

mayhap
Contributor

I just bought a PIXMA iP8720.

Some of the colors are way off.

RGB color (0,255,0) should be bright green, but it prints much darker. Closer to (0,100,0).

When I print a darker green (0,128,0) it also looks like (0,100,0)

Light blue (0,255,255) is also much darker.

Yellows are pretty close. Browns and grays print lighter.

The colors look correct in the print preview. I've adjusted my monitor, etc.

I've read forum pages and Google results for hours.

I've tried changing most settings one by one and get the same results.
Any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is almost always an issue with workflow.  Or using one or more programs in that flow that applies one or more ICC Profiles and double processes your output.  Monitor calibration software if used, can also affect output.   

Provide your complete workflow...  start to finish.  From import to output.  The software you use, anything that a photo passes through and we can likely help you figure out whats happening. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports, thanks for your time.

If I go to https://www.colorcombos.com/images/colors/00FF00.png and try to print that green box straight from the website, these are the results.

The color on the left is the color on my screen. The color on the right is what it prints.

printer.jpg

vander
Contributor

The difference is huge, it's hard to use a printer like that. Since you've just bought it, I think you can still return for technical check and still covered by warranty.

I installed Illustrator.

I draw a rectangle the same color as above and get the same result as above.

If you still believe the printer is defective, exchange it.  If it happens again, you will know its color profiles in your workflow.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements