cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP7220 INK NEVER DRIES on CD when printing label

jfkjax
Apprentice

Purchased and received a PIXMA iP7220 printer today, 1/6/19.  Bought it to print CD labels directly on CDs.  Set the printer up, calibrated, and printed test sheets -- all good.

Then, started to print CD labels directly to CDs.  Have a problem with faded colors.  But, what I'm also quite concerned with is that the ink NEVER DRIES!  I printed over 6 hours ago and although black text turns out light grey and barely readable, the ink has yet to dry.  I'm printing onto Verbatim ink jet printable CDs.

What's the deal with Canon ink that won't dry?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My error in using incorrect CDs.  The CDs I was using would not absorb the ink, therefore never dry.  It was my error and I have corrected it using different CDs.  Thank you for your offer to help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jfkjax,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

My error in using incorrect CDs.  The CDs I was using would not absorb the ink, therefore never dry.  It was my error and I have corrected it using different CDs.  Thank you for your offer to help!

Announcements