cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP7220 Faded Colors when printing direct on CD

jfkjax
Apprentice

I just purchased a Canon PIXMA iP7220 for the purpose of printing CD labels Direct To Disc.

When printing on disc, the colors are very faded.  Black prints as a very light gray.  Almost unreadable.

When printing on paper, the colors (including black) print fine ... as expected.

This happens regardless of what software I use to print -- My Image Garden, SureThing CD Labeler, Adobe Photoshop.  I've tried two different printable CDs with white printable surfaces: Verbatin and ridata.  I've also tried adjusting the darkness, contrast, etc.

I'm running on a Lenovo laptop, 8GB RAM, Windows 7, USB to printer.

All printer tests and test sheets print fine.

Anyone have the same problem?  Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The problem is a clear case of "operator error."  The CDs I was using would not absorb the ink.  I have changed CDs and the ink is absorbed and dries perfectly, giving a nice crisp CD label directly on the CD.  Thank you for your response and offer to troubleshoot.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jfkjax,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

The problem is a clear case of "operator error."  The CDs I was using would not absorb the ink.  I have changed CDs and the ink is absorbed and dries perfectly, giving a nice crisp CD label directly on the CD.  Thank you for your response and offer to troubleshoot.

stoppage
Apprentice

Could you please inform which cd's did you changed to. Im using Verbatim and printout is faded, although ok on paper. Obliged

Announcements