cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP4600 driver for Mac OS X 10.13 High Sierra?

childerst
Apprentice

Tried to add the Cannor PIXMA iP4600 printer to my Mac in Printer>Settings.  It found the printer connected via USB but claimed that I must contact CANNON for a driver. But Cannot site only has driver for 10.9 Mavericks. All other operating systems give the error - 

"There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."

Any ideas how to print to the iP4600 from my High Sierra  Mac OS X 10.13 High Sierra ?

(It is an older iMac so cannot upgrade beyone High Sierra 10.13 to run Mojave 10.14)

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi childerst,

The PIXMA iP4600 is not compatible with the Macintosh High Sierra operating system but as a work around  the older drivers may function in the High Sierra environment with some limitations which are currently unknown to Canon. The 10.9 drivers are available, you may download them HERE

If download the 10.9 drivers does not resolve the issue, you do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST.  Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements