cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP4300 won't print black.

BOOKPUB
Apprentice

PIXMA iP4300 won't print black. New ink, nozzles cleaned, buffers cleared. Help?

3 REPLIES 3

Naomi
Enthusiast

Hi BOOKPUB!

Will the PIXMA iP4300 print black on a self-test?  Try the suggestion in the Knowledge Base article below:

http://bit.ly/10FnY5W

If you're still unable to print black, we recommend that you Contact Us for further support or service options.

Hope this helps!

I have the same problem. I can print a good test page, but I have to change the color of any text from black to dark gray or dark blue or it will not print.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rrrb,

Please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink. The correct order is:

CLI-8Bk Black
PGI-5Bk Black
CLI-8Y Yellow
CLI-8M Magenta
CLI-8C Cyan

Next, a test of the printer should be performed. The Nozzle Check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly. Please perform the following steps to print a Nozzle Check pattern:

1. Turn the printer on and make sure paper is loaded into the sheet feeder.

2. On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light blinks twice. When you release the button, the Nozzle Check pattern will be printed.

3. After the Nozzle Check pattern is printed, compare the results to this example:

iP4300 Nozzle Test.jpg

If any colors are missing or if any horizontal lines appear in the color bars, perform the print head cleaning procedure.  To perform a print head cleaning with the printer, please follow these instructions:

1. On your printer, press and hold the RESUME button until the printer light flashes one time.

2. When you release the RESUME button, the POWER light starts flashing and all colors will be cleaned. This will continue for about 30 seconds.

3. Wait for the light to stop flashing before you resume normal operation.

Once you have completed two cleanings, please perform another Nozzle Test. If colors are still missing, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements