cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6220 scan legal size?

Willow
Apprentice

I have a MG6220 and have owned several other similar Canon printers before this one. I am having a really hard time figuring out the  setting on this.

I want to scan some legal size documents. The users manual says it does legal size and the scan surface is legal size but when I try to select the size legal is not a choice?

What have I missed or done wrong? I 'm using the softwware that came bundled with the printer MP Navigator EX 5.0

If I try the auto detect setting it cuts the document off at letter size.

If anyone has any idea or things to try I would be happy for all ideas.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Willow.

The platen glass can only scan objects up to 8.5"x11" in size. 

However, you may be able to scan the legal sized object by using the "Stitch-assist" option in our MP Navigator software.  This will require scanning two areas of the document.  Please try the following:

1.  Open the MP Navigator program.

2.  In the Scan/Import menu, select Photos/Documents Platen.

3.  Click Specify on the left.

4.  For the Document Type, select the appropriate option.

5.  For the Document Size, choose "Stitch-assist (Platen x2)".

6.  Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning to test the adjustment.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

antics
Contributor

OK, I reinstalled the driver AGAIN, and the problem is resolved. I'd have to say, there are different downloads you can do for the multifunction device... somehow my driver was old, and previous reinstalls didn't work or ??? I'd really prefer there to be only ONE download for everything. You have the latest, or you don't. That's for the Canon suggestion box. 

Announcements