cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA IP7220

Izzy11201
Contributor

It's been awhile since I posted anything and I wasn't even sure if my login was still good, but obviously it is because here I am.

Have a PIXMA IP7220 on a standalone non-networked win10 machine.  Connection is via plain old USB.  I did once have to go through an uninstall\reinstall process when communication between the printer and puter went flaky due to a windows update but that was a long time ago and I forgot how to do it.  Well here it is another windows update, and the communication is going flaky again.  So far I've managed to unflake it by rebooting and\or shutting everything down, waiting a few minutes, turning on the printer, waiting till it stopped making noise, then turning on the puter.  But I figure that sooner or later I'll have to go through an uninstall\reinstall again.  Is there some kind of Canon knowledge base article or step by step how-to that I can refer to ?........Izzy 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Darius
Whiz

Hi Izzy11201.

When an update causes connectivity issues, the main steps to take are to ensure your security software is updated, then to remove the printer (Windows 10, the Printers & Scanners list) and the drivers (from the Apps & Features list). Next, restart the computer, and then reinstall the printer's driver (in this case, from the iP7220 Drivers & Downloads page).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Thank you !  That helps.  I'll do a practice run-through (without actually removing or changing anything) to get some kind of idea, but some kind of step by step set of instructions in the knowledge base would be helpful.....Izzy

Thank you again Darius.  I just took a look.  I didn't do anything (figure if I turn on the printer, wait till it stops making noise, then turn on the puter, and it works), I should leave it alone.  I still think some kind of a step by step in the knowledge base though would be helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi Izzy11201.

When an update causes connectivity issues, the main steps to take are to ensure your security software is updated, then to remove the printer (Windows 10, the Printers & Scanners list) and the drivers (from the Apps & Features list). Next, restart the computer, and then reinstall the printer's driver (in this case, from the iP7220 Drivers & Downloads page).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you !  That helps.  I'll do a practice run-through (without actually removing or changing anything) to get some kind of idea, but some kind of step by step set of instructions in the knowledge base would be helpful.....Izzy

Thank you again Darius.  I just took a look.  I didn't do anything (figure if I turn on the printer, wait till it stops making noise, then turn on the puter, and it works), I should leave it alone.  I still think some kind of a step by step in the knowledge base though would be helpful.

Announcements