cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Printer Behavior

desgnr
Apprentice

I have Canon printer & it prints fine if i use a Word Document,but i tried to print a JPEG & everything is grayed out.
I also printed a Ruby Tuesday coupon & some of the text is missing when i print them out.
What can be wrong ?

5 REPLIES 5

Jessica
Enthusiast
Hi Desgnr!

In order to provide you with the proper steps, please let everyone know what version OS (Mac 10.X, Windows __ etc.) you are running on your machine. This way, the community will be able to assist you with a workflow appropriate for your computer/device.

Thanks!

Windows 8.1

Jason
Whiz

Thanks for the updated information!

Which printer model are you using?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

MP190

Hi desgnr,

Please make sure that the ink installed in the printer is the correct ink.  The correct ink cartridges are the PG-40 black and the CL-41 color.

Next, a test page should be printed.  The nozzle check pattern shows if each print head nozzle is operating properly.

1.  Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2.  Open the paper output tray.

3.  Load a sheet Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder.

4.  Press the <Maintenance> button once to display [A].  The Maintenance button is the button on the left hand side of the Operator's panel which has the wrench and screwdriver label above it.

5.  Press the Black Start button. The machine will print a nozzle check pattern.  Please compare the test page that you printed with the one that has been attached to the bottom of this message.

If the test page does not match the example attached to this post, printhead cleanings should be performed.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2.  Press the <Maintenance> button once to display [H].  The Maintenance button is the button on the left hand side of the Operator's panel which has the wrench and screwdriver label above it.

3.  Press the Black Start button. The cleaning will commence.

After performing a few cleanings, please print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?

MP190 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements