cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSX Yosemite driver for Canon LBP3000

mvneufeld
Apprentice

OSX Yosemite driver for Canon LBP3000 needed. When will one be available?

9 REPLIES 9

smukhi
Apprentice

Also require a driver for LBP6000

Hi smukhi!

I will be glad to assist you.  The driver is now available for the commercial release of the OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) driver.  I recommend uninstalling the previous driver before installing the latest driver.  To uninstall the driver, please follow the instructions below:

1. Click the [Printers & Scanners] icon in [System Preferences].

2.Select the printer you use on [Printers], then click [-].

3. Delete the printers that are registered, then close the [Print & Scan] dialog box.

4. Open Finder application of your Mac OS X.

5. Select [Go] → [Go to Folder] from the menu bar.

6. Enter the following folder locations, click [Go], then delete the files and folders.
Delete Example: You can delete files and folders by dragging them to the [Trash] icon in the Dock.
/Library/Printers/Canon/
CUPSCAPT
/Library/LaunchAgents/
jp.co.canon.CUPSCAPT.BG.plist
/Library/Printers/PPDs/
Contents/Resources/
Delete all the following files in the folders.
CNMCxxxAUS.ppd.gz
(xxx is a model name starting with [LBP].)
When the [Authenticate] dialog box is displayed
Enter the administrator's name and password, and then click [OK].

7. Close all open windows.

8. Restart your computer and empty the Trash Bin.
The printer driver is uninstalled.

Next, go to the imageCLASS LBP6000 - Drivers & Software page, and then download the file CAPT Printer Driver Ver.3.67 for Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/... listed under the [Recommended for You] section.

After installing the printer, please follow the instructions below to add the printer:

1. Click the [Printers & Scanners] icon in [System Preferences].

2. Click [+].

3. Click [Default], and then select the printer to be used from the printer list.

4. Select [Select Printer Software] from [Print Using].

5. Select the printer to be used from [Printer Software], and then click [OK].

6. Click [Add].

7. Make sure that the printer to be used is displayed, and then close the [Print & Scan] dialog box.

The printer registration is now completed.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you very much Patrice,

I can now use my Canon LBP 3000 Laser Printer on OS X Yosemite Version 10.10

Regards TRISH

Hi Patrice,

I recently updated OS to Yosemite as well and ran into similar problems to others here.  

Thanks for your advice.  I found it helpful up to the point where I had to locate my printer - LBP 3050.  It is not available on the list provided. Only LBP 6000 and up are available.  I tried installing those but it couldn't print, saying the printer was not compatible.  I then tried the dropbox to change to 3050 model but I couldn't scroll down the list.

Any further advice on this point is more than welcome.  Thanks very much again.

John

danielkuhlwein
Apprentice

Drivers needed for Canon UFRII as well. I don't think Canon has updated any of their drivers to work with OSX 10.10 yet.

This is something they should definitely be working to release ASAP now that 10.10 is released to the public as a free update. Especially since the developer beta's have been available since 10.10 was announced back in June... Kind of a slow roll out =/

Hi danielkuhlwein.

I will be glad to assist you.  So that I can better assist you, what is the model number of your printer?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Patrice!

I believe the model number for our Canon is Canon iR ADV C5030 UFR II. From what I understand, printer drivers for this model that work with OSX 10.10 are not yet available.

Danielkuhlwein,

I’ll check my model number on my Canon LBP3000 later today. The above driver definitely works on my Canon. When I phoned Canon I was told there is no driver available yet,that will work with OS X Yosemite 10.10  BUT THIS one above does work, for me, you just need to make sure you remove all the old files.

[CANON L11121E]    Manufactured June 2006

Patrice
Whiz

Hi mvneufeld.

You have reached the forum for Canon USA.  Since the i-Sensys LBP3000 is neither sold nor supported in the USA, we do not have the resources or references to provide the information you have requested. For information and troubleshooting assistance, please visit http://www.canon.com and look for the support site closest to you geographically.

Announcements