cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with PIXMA scratching surface of prints

elysdraws
Apprentice

Hello,

So I have a Canon PIXMA IP8720 that Ive had for a little over a year.

I primarily use it for printing my artwork and stickers. I use a variety of Canon and other branded photo papers and have had very little issues.

Recently though, my PIXMA has been doing what looks like scratching the surface of my prints. I have tried every maintenance option available to no avail. Every print has these scratch marks (pictured below). They stretch across the paper in the same area in varying intensities, ruining anything that goes in this particular spot.

I'm using 4x5 inch HP Sticky-backed Snapshot Photo paper. It's pretty much just your average glossy photo paper, and I've been using it with no issues for months now, so I'm sure it's not that.

Also, when I tell the PIXMA to clean the rollers, (or that one operation that makes the loud clicking noises for a minute and a half?), I'm also hearing a loud sound that reminds me of wringing rubber gloves together, is that normal?

Thanks for reading,

Mirelys

Pixma_scratchmarks

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi elysdraws.

Try enabling the Prevent Paper Abrasion setting in the printer's Custom Settings. Windows / Mac OS

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements