cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP7250 prints "shadow/double" letters, words, sentences, etc... making the text unreadable

northern-servic
Apprentice

43 REPLIES 43

tgabrielli
Contributor

Well, here's the deal" Canon is obviously not going to rectify this situation anytime soon. So! I would suggest:

1/ Go onto as many sites as you can (Amazon, Best Buy, Frys, Walmart, Target, etc.) and post negative review of Canon printers. Referene this web site so they can view the complaints.

2/ Dump your Canon printer and purchase an HP or a Brother or an Epson---anything BUT another Canon!

That's what I did. I trashed my Canon printer (and it belongs there in the trash!) and bought an Epson. Very satisfied.

Unfortunately I like my Canon MX926! 

It really suits my requirements in that it is a multifunction unit with great features like auto sheet feeders etc and it also prints to DVD's, which I like as I archive lots of material to BluRay Disks and label them using the printer.  There's currently no equivalent alternate vendor printer that does all of that in one unit.

This is why I purchased a second MX926 after my first unit failed.  It's also the reason that I was disappointed to find that the second unit developed exactly the same fault as the first unit after just over a year's use.

It's really disappointing that Canon won't acknowledge the fault and I personally suspect that they are aware of it, but realise it's not something that can be remediated and they're hoping that the complaints and problem will all go away with time.

"they're hoping that the complaints and problem will all go away with time" and with it a lot of unhappy customers!

They lost me as their customer. Permanently.

Announcements