cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP7250 prints "shadow/double" letters, words, sentences, etc... making the text unreadable

northern-servic
Apprentice

43 REPLIES 43

missfluffy
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem with my MG7720 printer. It suddenly started after cleaning print heads. I followed instructions for manually aligning print heads, but it didn't fix the issue. The suggestion to set paper to photo paper also didn't fix the issue for me. Double characters and alternating lines displaying from sharp to blurry now render this printer entirely unusable. Only black ink is affected, as others have reported as well.

I am having exact same problem with my cannon MX925, been great til now - wish there was a solution!

Raad
Apprentice

Exact the same problem !!

• Canon Pixma MX922
  • Windows 10 64bit
  • I have used both WiFi and USB
  • I have done all suggestions

Please help me !!

Same here... I've tried for over a year to figure it out on wi-fi MX 922.  Trying suggestions that don't work. Frustrated.

Obviously, Canon is keeping a deaf ear on this subject and refuses to offer a solution or adequate offer. So much for customer support. MY solution: get an HP or a Brother and ditch Canon. Forever. Printers are not that expensive. It just bugs me that I just went out and puurchased 3 new sets of ink for the Canon printer, which are now useless.

Hello,

OMG I did it.

Sorry for my english. 

My printer works much better now.

Sorry- it's in Czech languague.

You have to set up printer head MANUALLY !!!

Go to printer settings and something like "maintenance". ETC as per pictures. Let me know, if it helps.

Výstřižek.PNG

Výstřižek2.PNG

Výstřižek3.PNG

Manual alignment works for some people, however it doesn't work in all cases. In my case, some of the settings are +5 but the alignment is still out.  They would probably need to be +10 but you can't enter values that high and so the head never aligns.

tgabrielli
Contributor

Same problem here. If I can't find a solution, will ditch the printer and go with one from HP.

tgabrielli
Contributor

Where is Canon's response to this problem??? Has anyone heard from them about this?

All attempts by myself so far to get Canon to acknowledge that this is a common fault and investigate it further have failed. 

Canon simply direct consumers to their repair centres to 'evaluate' the problem at the consumer's cost and the repair centres recommend printer replacement because replacement parts would exceed the cost of a new printer.

Announcements