cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX432 keeps going offline and won't print.

stacie
Apprentice

It is hooked up wirelessly. It was working just the other day. Now it is offline. I restarted both the printer and computer. In the past, restarting the computer has resolved this.

I have Win8 (sadly). It is not set to Use Offline. The port (WSD-423...) is the one for this (my only) printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue.  Please perform the following:

1.  Click Start and open the Control Panel.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MX430/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, we will reinstall.  Please visit our website at the following link to download the latest MP Driver for Windows 8:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx432#Dr...

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

stacie
Apprentice

I deleted the printer to try to add it back. The computer cannot detect it. I have checked (and printed) the printer's network config page. It seems all to be in order...from what I know.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi stacie,

This could be an issue with the communication port.  Are you running Windows 8 on a laptop/desktop or running Windows RT on a tablet?  When you installed the printer, did you install the drivers for the printer as well (either from the CD-ROM or from our website)?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm running W8 on a laptop. I don't remember at this point what I did to install the printer. I'm sure I followed whatever instructions came with it. But it didn't have any issue working with the laptop when I initially set it up.

Hello. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue.  Please perform the following:

1.  Click Start and open the Control Panel.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MX430/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, we will reinstall.  Please visit our website at the following link to download the latest MP Driver for Windows 8:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx432#Dr...

If additional assistance is needed, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON.

so i'm trying to do this and my computer says it cant run the installation app  😞

Hi jenne71,

It sounds like you are running Windows RT.  If this is the case, then drivers do not need to be installed (they are built into the OS).  Connect the printer to your computer or network and Windows will automatically detect the device and install the drivers.

If you have any other questions or need guidance with this procedure, please feel free to Contact Us!

Same problem, but I am using Windows 10. Does your solution still apply?

Announcements