cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MP970 printer won't print.

sasa
Apprentice

My MP970 printer won't print.  The message says the type of print head is incorrect.  Install the correct print head.  This is the second time in two months this problem arose.  Last time it just started printing after a few days.  What can I do to get the printer working? My computer is a Windows 7 64xbit

4 REPLIES 4

Julius
Rising Star

Hello sasa!

Please try the following procedure to reseat the print head:

1. Open the Paper Output Tray.

Put your finger on the top of the Paper Output Tray and open it gently.

2. Make sure that the machine is turned on, and raise the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) until it stops.

Note: If the Document Cover is opened, you cannot open the Scanner Unit (Printer Cover). Be sure to open the Scanner Unit (Printer Cover) and the Document Cover at the same time.

The Print Head Holder moves to the center.

*MP960 pictured

Note : If the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) is left open for more than 10 minutes, the Print Head Holder moves to the right. Close and reopen the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) to return the holder to the center.

Caution: Do not hold the LCD or the Operation Panel.

3. Open the inner cover.

Caution : Do not hold the Print Head Holder to stop or move it. Do not touch the metallic parts inside the machine.

4. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

5. Raise the print head lock lever.

6. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

Caution: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.

7. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

8. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

9. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

10. Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
    <8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.

NOTE: Click for Ink Tank Lamp indications.

11. Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.

N
    ote: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.

Ink Tank Lamp indications

You can check the status of each ink tank according to the way its lamp flashes.

- On: The printer is ready to print.

- Slow flashing (at about three second interval): Ink is low. Prepare a new ink tank.

- Fast flashing (at about one second interval): Ink tank is empty, or the printer is not ready due to an error.

- Off: An error has occurred and the printer is not ready to print.

If the error remains at this point, please visit "Contact Us" for further assistance.  Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That procedure has NEVER fixed a U052 error!

right???

I have the same problems.  On the rare occassion I can get the U052 error to go away, I did about 3-4 Deep Cleans and still no ink comes out.  It was fine and just happened all of a sudden.  Frustrating.

Announcements