cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cannon MG 5320 will not communicate wirelessly with my Acer Aspire laptop for one week.

toddfamily
Apprentice

Both my Acer Aspire laptop and MG5320 show that they are picking up my wireless signal, but the two are not communicating with each other. I tried to re-install the printer, but this has not solved the issue. Please let me know what else I can do. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Hi Toddfamily!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have Windows 7, and the most frequent message is that "the Printer is not responding"

Ramona
Authority

Hi toddfamily,

To try and resolve the issue, you will want to ensure that the printer has proper wireless communication occurring.  Please ensure the following:

1.  The access point is located indoors within the effective range for wireless communication.  Locate the printer within 50 meters of the access point.

2.  There are no obstructions.  Wireless communication between different rooms or floors is generally poor.  Adjust the location of the devices if needed.

3.  There are no sources of radio wave interference in your vicinity.  There may be a device such as a microwave oven using the same frequency bandwidth as the wireless station.  Place the wireless devices as far away from the interference source as possible.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements