cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magenta ink not functioning

bakerla
Apprentice

I have an ip4820 and I am having difficulty with Magenta. The cartridge will not print red at all. When I deep clean the nozzle, I can get the “nozzle check” to print the proper pattern, including red. I might also get the ip4820 to print one quick page where red is used in the printing. Beyond that, the magenta cartridge fails to spray any reddish ink. I have switched magenta cartridges and this does not help at all. The same pattern follows. Further, the deep cleaning seems to deplete the inks quickly or something else is wrong with the ip4820. I must add that I am using non-OEM ink due to cost. But I have used non-OEM inks since I bought the machine in 2011 with no problems.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bakerla,

Because performing cleanings does not resolve this, it is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements