cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 and aperture

randydodds3173
Apprentice

I need to know how to turn off the color management function of my  new printer MX922 and allow Aperture to handle the color correctly. Apple tell me that this is a setting issue in my new MX922. I went back to Canon as my IP6600D was not supported by Mountain Lion as I found out or I would be still with it. I have tried to print in Adobe Lightroom 5 with the same issues. The prints are unexceptable and I need some help. I look to some kind sole to help me setup my system correctly.

RandyDodds3173

3 REPLIES 3

AMIRIS
Apprentice

I have same  problem with Pro 100

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello randydodds3173,

To change color management options for printing, follow the steps listed below:

1. Open the document you wish to print.

2. Click 'File' and then click 'Print.'

3. Select 'Color Matching' from the Print Options pop-up menu.

4. Select 'ColorSync' if you want the application you are using, and not the printer driver, to control the color management of the printed output.

Select 'Vendor Matching' if you want the printer driver to control the color management of the printed output.

Also, I would like you to perform a nozzle check to confirm whether the inks are being correctly ejected from the print head nozzles.

Please follow th steps in the link below  to print a Nozzle Check Pattern.

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secu...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

AMIRIS
Apprentice

I solved the problem as follows.

In Aperture and with Nik software I make a final version of my photos. 

Then I transfer my photo to Photoshop Elements 12 and start the print procedure.

In the drop down menus there is the

" more options"  oppertunity, click that and there is the possibility to let photoshop control the printing and thus disable the printer driver. Since I use that my prints are picture perfect and I even won a reward for one of my photos. Hurrah.  Good luck to you . If you need more inf , just let me know

Announcements