cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Scan from panel location.

nezoic
Apprentice

Hello, I'm triyng to change the defauly folder location for documents scaned from the control panel of the printer. 

I first chose the computer to scan to, it scans and I hit okay then the pdf shows up in MyDocuments.

If I use the scan utility it will goto the correct folder but I want to be able to just press scan on the printer itself and not have to do anything additional on the PC but I want the PDF to save to a network location and not on my PC.

OR is there a way I can setup the printer to default save to a network share / NAS?

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the version of Windows in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Windows 7 x64

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi nezoic,

The location where images are saved when using the Operator's Panel can be changed.  Please follow these steps:

1.  From the Start menu, select All Programs, Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility, IJ Scan Utility to start the IJ Scan Utility.

2.  Click the Settings button in the lower right hand corner.

3.  There are 5 scan modes to select from on the left hand side.  Choose the first Scan to PC (Auto).

4.  In the Save Settings section, next to Save In, click the down arrow and select Add... .

5.  Browse to the location you wish to save the scanned images to.

6.  Click OK.

You may follow these same steps for the other 4 scan modes.

Once set, when you scan from the Operator's Panel of your PIXMA MX922, the image will be saved in the location selected.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements