cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX700 U052 error message - another unhappy Canon user.

larkkathy
Apprentice

In the past 6 weeks I have had significant trouble with 4 Canon inkjet printers. I have been so happy with Canon since the 1980s and always chose them. Alas, something is different. One pixma printer had feeding problems. One just died and was past the warranty. Another just died and could not be revived. Now, my faithful MX700 dedicated fax machine came up with the U052 error, which has stopped us cold. We have tried all the methods prescribed here, but it just hangs on that error. Rats! I too have a drawer full of expensive ink. I don't want to buy another brand, but this is getting ridiculous. I am losing trust in this company.

2 REPLIES 2

Crista
Whiz

Hi larkkathy!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

SallyAma
Contributor

Good luck!  U052 seems to be the death knoll for a great many of us, not just some of us. Many feel it is a firmware problem that Canon has decided not to address.  Canon is not equipping their customer service people to provide good service to even we who have been (formerly) long loyal Canon customers. They'll offer you a new printer at a cost that exceeds what you can get it elsewhere. You can take/send it in for service, but beware they'llc charge you for telling you that it cannot be repaired, then you are out that amount as well sa the new ink cartridges (that many of us have purchased), and you still won't have a functioning printer.  But beware, the chances of the death knoll after the first set of ink cartridges is dry will be ringing loudly, based on reading the postings here. From another unhappy former Canon customer.

Announcements