cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX495

Tonymast
Apprentice

Connected printer to network wirelessly. Mac Book found printer and added it, Win 8 RT found printer and added it. All works fine. ASUS win 7 laptop added it,  printed job to queue but won't print "Printer offline". Installed printer 2nd time with CD, success and printing fine. Reboot ASUS and sends print job to queue and says printer offline. Loaded with CD again everything works fine. Reboot ASUS prints to queue and say "printer Offline". Any ideas?  THx

3 REPLIES 3

Tonymast
Apprentice

it's MX 459

One more clue if I go to print something, I right click printer name in the printer box. hoover over "run as admin"  shows option to "run online". puts printer back online for use. I guess I can live with that, is there anyway I can make it happens when booting up?

Hello Tonymast.

There may be a firewall or anti-spyware utility that has been preventing access to the printer.  Please temporarily disable these programs to see if the unit will communicate more consistently.  If the issue persists, we would have to advise that you use the 'run online' in order to resume printing with the computer.

If these troubleshooting steps do not work, feel free to call us at 1-800-OKCANON for additional assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements