cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX455 Printer/Fax: Fax always answers

rphox2003
Apprentice

I just bought the MX455 and am starting to regret it.

At first I hooked up the printer to a wall line and an extension and set it up for Tel/Fax mode. But the fax answered every call - including voice calls.

I've been playing with the settings and connections for a few days but cannot get it to work. When it doesn't answer voice calls with the fax, it also doesn't receive faxes. And when it does receive faxes, it also answers voice call in fax mode.

The Canon support hasn't answered my emails - even though they promised an answer within 72 hours. And the local distributor is also almost impossible to reach.

Any help?

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

hi rphox2003!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that your product is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for your answer.

But just so you know - your rep here in Israel, Karat, is unresponsive. And your international support site doesn't work. Even your reseller, where I bought the product, was uninformed. They assured me that the printer had both wireless and hardline connections - which it does not. But I had already opened and unpacked it, so I could not return it.

In other words, this is the first and last Canon product that I will ever buy.

Announcements