cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX Navigator for MX882 stopped scanning, error message.

hunters
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX Pixma 882 (All-In-One printer). The computers runs Windows 7 (64 bit) that is on a HP Touchsmart 320 PC. The printer was connected by Wifi up till a few days ago, but has stopped working. Now it is connected by USB, so it copies, prints and faxes fine. However, the MX Navigator "Error" Message, since then, has popped up everytime I try to scan paperwork to email.

Things I've tried:

*Uninstalling all Canon Software.  (And Reinstalling)

*Removed the Printer from the Computer all together. (And Reinstalled)

*Went through OS:\C:\<Windows>\<Twain_32> (There are no additionals files but the '2' MX_printer files & the wiatwain.ds)

What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Julius
Rising Star

Hello hunters!

You have done the recommended troubleshooting by uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and software.  We'll need a little more information to determine what may be occurring.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.  Thanks!

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

mort
Contributor

This worked for me.

1. Search for Navigator MP EX in C: directory  (mine said EX 4.1).

2. Click on one of the Navigator MP EX files. (Not the folder).

3.Click on Navigator MP EX file (Not readme or uninstall).

4.Click on Preferences

5. Click on General

6. Where compressed etc is check go to change.

7. Click on change.

8. Click on Scan from Operating panel settings.

9 Uncheck the box that is checked. ( If not checked then check)

Then the PC showed up on the SCAN operating panel display so now I am able to use the Printer operating panel to scan to the PC. .. When I went to review the above steps, I noticed that the  box I unchecked was now checked but I am still able to scan to the PC from the operating panel so I left it alone

Now it stopped working again and I get a message...
Set the PC to Start scanning and the above no loner works
Announcements